Wow. Facebook made an announcement on Monday that I am surprisingly satisfied with! The social media giant declared that after years of facing pressure on the issue, they will start removing content that denies or distorts the Holocaust.
Later this year, the platform will start directing users to credible information regarding the Holocaust from third-party sources.
"With rising anti-Semitism, we're expanding our policy to prohibit any content that denies or distorts the Holocaust as well," Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote.
The Hill reports:
Zuckerberg had come under intense scrutiny in 2018 for defending the right of Holocaust deniers to post on his platform.
"I’m Jewish, and there’s a set of people who deny that the Holocaust happened. I find that deeply offensive," he said during a podcast with New York Times contributing opinion writer Kara Swisher. "But at the end of the day, I don’t believe that our platform should take that down because I think there are things that different people get wrong. I don’t think that they’re intentionally getting it wrong."
On Monday, Zuckerberg said that his view of the topic "evolved" with "data showing an increase in anti-Semitic violence."
"Drawing the right lines between what is and isn't acceptable speech isn't straightforward, but with the current state of the world, I believe this is the right balance," Zuckerberg said.
In a blog post, Facebook pointed toward a recent survey that found that U.S. adults under 40 lack "basic" knowledge of the Holocaust.
In the national survey, 63 percent of U.S. adults between 18-39 years old did not know that 6 million Jews were killed, with 36 percent believing “two million or fewer Jews” were killed.
Let's hope Facebook doesn't completely butcher this mission.
Trending Political News
Joe Biden Says Democrats Don't 'Deserve' to Know if He's Packing the Supreme Court
Even though Joe Biden hasn't officially said whether or not he plans on packing the Supreme Court, his silence speaks volumes.
“Sir, I’ve got to ask you about packing the courts and I know you said yesterday you aren’t going to answer the question until after the election, but this is the number one thing that I’ve been asking about from viewers in the past couple of days,” the reporter said to Biden.
White House Doctor Says President Trump 'No Longer Considered A Transmission Risk’
White House Physician Dr. Sean Conley says President Trump is "no longer considered a transmission risk." The left will be up in arms because they want him to stay in his basement and cower in fear like Sleepy Joe Biden.
“This evening I am happy to report that in addition to the President meeting CDC criteria for the safe discontinuation of isolation, this morning’s COVID PCR sample demonstrates, by currently recognized standards, he is no longer considered a transmission risk to others,” reads the Saturday memo from the White House physician.
Blue State Passes New Law to Count Election Ballots of Dead People...I'm Dead Serious
Good ol' blue state of Massachusetts just rushed a new law into effect that is quite literally forcing election officials to count election ballots filed by dead people.
I'm not even kidding.
SHOCKING Admission from President Trump on Rush Limbaugh Show
We were all pretty shocked earlier this month when we learned that President Trump had been diagnosed with the coronavirus.
Truthfully, no one really knew how bad the President's condition was, that is until now.
Mayoral Candidate Arrested on Record Number of Felonies
Zul Mirza Mohamed may be a name that you aren't familiar with unless you live in Texas, and it's likely going to stay that way after you finish this article.
Mohamed was arrested for voter fraud after being caught forging approximately 100 absentee ballots.
SNL Cancels Country Music Stars Over COVID-19 Concerns, Here's What's Wrong with America (VIDEO)
A popular country music singer was recently canceled from his appearance on Saturday Night Live for an idiotic reason.
Morgan Wallen was seen in a video partying and kissing multiple women.