An individual in Arizona is battling for survival following a severe injury caused by the explosion of an electrical box at a Home Depot. Phoenix firefighters were called to the scene of the incident at the well-known home improvement store around 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Video from FOX 10 captured the arrival of first responders at the store, where they started evaluating the emergency situation.
Firefighters reported that the individual injured in the explosion was an employee working in an electrical room at the rear of the store when the incident took place.
Authorities indicated that the victim, whose identity has not been disclosed, suffered severe burns to his face and hands due to the sudden explosion. The injured individual was taken to a hospital and is currently in critical condition.
Following the incident, the store was temporarily closed while firefighters focused on preventing the fire from spreading further. Eventually, they succeeded in containing the fire, after which the store was reopened.