Senator Rand Paul is calling for former Vice President Joe Biden to “come out of hibernation” and offer an explanation for his role in unmasking former National Security Advisor Army Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Michael Flynn.
Paul said, "He needs to come out of hibernation and [reporters] need to ask Vice President Biden, ‘What kind of a person eavesdrops, is that something that we think is a legitimate function of government, to eavesdrop on your opponents without a warrant? To illegally unmask them and listen to their private conversation?'"
— The Hill (@thehill) May 13, 2020
He continued, "From the very beginning, General Flynn’s been treated very poorly by his country. A guy who’s served 33 years has been treated very poorly, but this is an abuse of power that should not rest, and it should make every American worry that if Vice President Biden were elevated to the top office, would he again use this kind of power on political opponents?"
"And the other side needs to realize, this is the exactly what they’re accusing President Trump of, but he was actually acquitted on that charge, they have now found that Vice President Biden is guilty of using government to go after a political opponent," the Senator added.
This came after Congress was provided a list of government officials who participated in unmasking Flynn's name by Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell.
Here is a list of those officials:
- U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power
- Director for National Intelligence James Clapper
- Deputy Chief of Mission to Italy and Republic of San Marino Kelly Degnan (now Ambassador to Georgia)
- U.S. Ambassador to Italy and the Republic of San Marino, John R. Phillips
- CIA director John Brennan
- U.S. Treasury Office of Intelligence and Analysis Patrick Conlon
- Secretary of the Treasury Jack Lew
- Acting Assistant Treasury Secretary Arthur “Danny” McGlynn
- Acting Deputy Assistant Treasury Secretary Mike Neufeld
- Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Sarah Raskin
- Under Secretary Treasury Nathan Sheets
- Acting Under Secretary Treasury Adam Szubin
- U.S. NATO Advisor Robert Bell
- U.S. Representative to the NATO Military Committee Vice Admiral John Christenson
- FBI Director James Comey
- U.S. NATO Office of the Defense Advisor Policy Advisor for Russia Lt. Col. Paul Geehreng
- U.S. NATO Defense Advisor James Hursh
- U.S. Deptuy Chief of Mission to NATO Lee Litzenberger (now Ambassador to Azerbaijan)
- U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO Ambassador Douglas Lute
- U.S. NATO Political Office Scott Parrish
- Deputy Secretary of Energy Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall
- U.S. NATO Political Advisor Tamir Waser
- U.S. Ambassador to Russia John Tefft
- U.S. Ambassador to Turkey John Bass
- White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
- Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration Michael Dempsey
- Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence Stephanie O’Sullivan
- Vice President Joe Biden
How shady. Who needs enemies when your own fellow Americans are working so hard against you. The people who were supposed to be in his corner attacked him.
Trending Political News
Maxine Waters Reveals Her True Feelings: 'I don’t want to see these establishments opened back up'
There is a lot of debate about whether or not the United States is ready to open back up. The Democrats seem to unanimously want the country to stay shut down. Count Maxine Waters among that crowd.
While appearing on "Inside the Issues" on Spectrum News 1, Waters shamed President Trump and protesters for wanting to open the states back up.
'Barack H. Obama Highway' in Los Angeles Gets a Makeover
Looks like a couple of people took the liberty of adding some decoration to a sign for the "Barack H. Obama Highway" in Los Angeles.
The sign now reads:
This Is "Barack Obama's Blue Dress" Without The DNA
The Russian collusion hoax has finally come to an end and we're just ironing out a few details, but Obamagate is just getting started.
We now have crystal clear evidence that the FBI and Justice Department under the Obama administrations actively and purposely faked evidence because they didn't have any real evidence, created the Steele dossier and pretended it was credible so they could illegally spy on the Trump campaign.
Jeff Goldblum Was Trending on Twitter Tuesday...You'll Never Believe Why!
This is definitely one of my favorite things that I've come across this week and I just happened to stumble upon it due to my curiosity of why "Jeff Goldblum" was trending on Twitter.
I was curious and though, "Why would Jeff Goldblum be trending on Twitter?" I was thinking maybe it has something to do with that drag show thing again, but I was wrong and pleasantly surprised.
BOOM! Mitch McConnell SLAMS Obama For Attacking Trump on Coronavirus Response
Former President Barack Obama has done something that Presidents of the past have almost completely steered away from doing. The former President has spoken up and attacked President Trump.
Neither George H.W. or George W. criticized their successors even though both of their successors were Democrats and they were Republicans so both Bill Clinton and Obama didn't didn't have to worry about the former administration sinking down to such a low.
Pelosi Unveils MASSIVE Stimulus Bill - The Biggest One Yet! – Here's What's Inside
The Democrats are up to their old tricks again. Nasty Nancy Pelosi and the House Dems have drawn up their own bill for another round of stimulus money.
I meant it when I said that it was Pelosi and the Democrats. Republicans weren't invited to be a part of the bill. What example are they setting? What are they telling us about their agenda?